UCSB Men’s Lacrosse Hall of Fame Guidelines
Below are the minimum requirements for consideration by the Hall of Fame Committee. The list of potential candidates grows every year and competition is fierce.
- Graduate of UCSB or served as a Head Coach
- 5 year out of school requirement
- Must have represented UCSB well, both on and off the field
- Person can be voted into HOF, but cannot be officially inducted and receive award until present at Alumni Weekend. (If the inductee is disabled or deceased, a family member may accept the award in his absence).
- Nominations solicited from all alumni via form on website and email
- Qualifications/Accomplishments must be submitted on form (All-American/All-League/All-Star, Championships, Captain, Team Awards, etc)
- Unlimited number of nominations.
Number of Inductees per Year
- 4 Inductees for the inaugural year (2004)
- 3 Inductees the second year (2005)
- After this, the number of inductees will vary, but no fewer than 2 per year
- Selections can come from any of the eligible years, with no requirement on taking someone from each decade
- The best qualified should be inducted and not be determined by when they played
See a list of current nominees at the bottom of the page